Genres

Please click on boxes above for book information.

Writing is Imagination in Flight

About Me

My photo
Ruth J. Hartman spends her days herding cats, and her nights spinning mysterious romantic tales that make you smile and laugh out loud - or so she's been told my readers! She, her husband Garry, and their two cats, love to spend time curled up in their recliners watching old Cary Grant movies. Well, the cats, Roxy and Remmie, sit in the people's recliners. Not that the cats couldn't get their own furniture. They just choose to shed on someone else's. You know how selfish those little furry creatures can be.

The Romance Reviews
Photobucket
Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Cat and Mouse

When I checked through my links to published works to make sure they were all viable, I came across one that wasn't. I won Honorable Mention in the 100 Words or Fewer contest last winter. I decided to re-print it here:



Cat and Mouse


By Ruth J. Hartman



“I pounce, therefore, I am.”

“You are what?” said the miniscule brown mouse.

“I am a cat,” said the fluffy yellow feline.

“So?”

“Show some respect.”

“Why should I?”

“I am a dangerous wild animal.”

“Oh, please!”

“Watch me.”

“You’re just sitting on the bookcase,” scoffed the mouse.

“Keep watching.”

“Still nothing. I‘m getting bored.”

“Ready?” asked the cat.

“For what?”

“For what’s going to happen next.”

“You’re bluffing. You’ll do nothing.”

The cat jumped high in the air, performed a somersault, and landed squarely on top of the mouse.

“I tried to tell you: I pounce, therefore, I am!”

*************************************************************************

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ruth,
Great poem! There is a yellow tabby outside my window right now; I can almost hear him reciting his lines.
Nice site. I can't believe I haven't been here before...
Happy New Year and Best Wishes for 2010.