Friday, January 8, 2010

There's a Cat on My Lap and I Can't Get Him Off!

Maxwell and Roxy are my writing partners. More often than not, one of them is sitting on my lap as I type away. If I'm stumped for words, petting Roxy's soft black fur often gives me inspiration. An irritating writer's block can be soothed by Maxwell's enormous purr. And when I get a writing epiphany? Since they're literally within arm's reach, they're the first ones I share my amazing idea with.



So yes, there is a cat on my lap, and I can't get him off. But the truth is, I don't want to!

Who's your writing partner?

1 comment:

Brenda said...

I mostly want to stick my fat cat in the micorwave when I am writing because he tries to lay on my keyboard. (j/k) He is a big pain. At the moment his twenty pound self is giving me the evil eye because I am not focused on petting him.... we are in therapy.