Genres

Please click on boxes above for book information.

Writing is Imagination in Flight

About Me

My photo
Ruth J. Hartman spends her days herding cats, and her nights spinning mysterious romantic tales that make you smile and laugh out loud - or so she's been told my readers! She, her husband Garry, and their two cats, love to spend time curled up in their recliners watching old Cary Grant movies. Well, the cats, Roxy and Remmie, sit in the people's recliners. Not that the cats couldn't get their own furniture. They just choose to shed on someone else's. You know how selfish those little furry creatures can be.

The Romance Reviews
Photobucket
Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Monday, June 14, 2010

You've Got Gall!

Yes, apparently I do. And no, it's not the bad kind, when it means I'm annoying or impudent. In this case, I get to hang on to it. My gall bladder, that is.

Because of certain symptoms, I've had every test known to man, woman and cat. Hmmm...I hope the last doctor I saw wasn't a veterinarian. Maybe that's why he tried to lure me into the exam room with catnip! Anyway, I've learned more than I ever wanted to know about a person's innards. Believe me, I won't go into it here for you. That would be gross. And inappropriate. Of all the gall!

I've learned so much, in fact, that I feel certain I could write an entire book about it. Well, maybe not a whole book. Perhaps just a booklet. Or a term paper. Okay, probably just a paragraph or two. But it's still a lot to learn about something I never intended to learn about in the first place. However, having said that, why should this information about gall and the bladder thereof, go to waste? No pun intended. Okay maybe a little intended. I mean, everything I read, and observe, hear about or do, can be useful in my writing. And maybe not even the actual stuff I've learned, but the idea could spark something for me. Maybe my heroine is an internist, and the mention of certain unmentionables could add to the believability of the story. Maybe, the hero goes to see her in an official capacity, and it's love at first sight! You just never know. And that concludes this episode of As the Stomach Turns...

No comments: